Coconut Lime Cupcakes (Recipe)

Sunday, July 03, 2016 lemonluna 1 Comments

Hello hello hello! *wipes dust off my blog*
Now... how long have I been gone? Totally not in the mood to do the math now. Pretty sure it has been almost.. a year, I think? The last time I wrote was when I was on my foundation semester break. Now I only have a month left before I start degree. A friend asked me if I had a blog where I write about what I bake and stuff, and then I remembered leaving my so-called recipe blog abandoned for a long time already. So here I am, trying to come back to posting recipes. Guys, blogging does involve a lot of effort and commitment, and time. But whatever! I'll post whenever I bake (and have good photos) sooo, have fun. Do leave comments too, would love to interact with my readers!!
I can totally feel my laptop telling me, "as if you have readers....."

Anyway, I've been on Pinterest for quite a number of times lately, and boy do I love Pinterest. It's like, the adult kind of Tumblr, you know? Where you get legit cool stuff like DIY ideas, simple but cool recipes and design ideas too?! So I stumbled upon this coconut lime cupcakes recipe, and thought, "why not?" One, because I haven't baked in a long time. Two, because I love anything citrus. (Don't you, too?!) Three, because they're so easy to bake. Plus the recipe doesn't require expensive ingredients too so that's a bonus.



I don't know if people are going to judge me for the "messy background" but I kinda purposely made it messy. Art IS messy sometimes guys, deal with it!! Hehe. Borrowed my sister's studio for this shoot. By the way, my younger sister is amazing at arts.

Ain't she amazing?!


Back to my coconut lime cupcakes. Yes. I made coconut cream cheese frosting for the cupcakes and it's heeeelllaaaa good. I know some people don't like coconut (why though?!) so you can always go with the normal cream cheese frosting, or maybe lime, yum! These cupcakes are super moist, probably because the recipe uses vegetable oil, and who hates moist cupcakes? I definitely hate dry cupcakes. They're not fun to eat. Here's the recipe!

CUPCAKES
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar (I personally prefer using caster sugar)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Lime zest
About 4-5 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon coconut extract
3/4 cup coconut milk (Used the santan kotak)

Directions:
1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
2. Whisk eggs and sugar in a separate bowl just until they're well combined. 
3. Add oil, lime zest, lime juice, coconut extract and coconut milk into the egg-sugar mixture and mix until incorporated.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Make sure not to overbeat.
5. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, 165 degrees celcius.

That easy! 




COCONUT CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Ingredients:
8oz cream cheese
3/4 cup non-dairy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (or some lime juice if you don't want coconut)

Directions: 
1. Beat the non-dairy whipping cream until it becomes stiff enough.
2. Beat in cream cheese until well-combined.
3. Add in coconut extract and mix.





The frosting didn't fail me this time. I absolutely love my frosting this time, the consistency is satisfying. So yeah, that's it. Are you baking anything special for Raya? Do share with me :)



1 comment:

  1. its obvious some patients with Herpes Virus are being enslaved to the antiviral and other supplementary Orthodox medicine just to help suppress the virus and not a cure. I have been with the virus since 2015 until I was introduced by a blogger who also narrated her story online on how she was cured of HPV after using Dr ALUDA Herbal Medicine. This is a year and 2 weeks since I was delivered from Herpes VIRUS. All thanks to God for using this Great herbalist to heal me. I have promised to keep telling good things about Dr ALUDA. Please feel free to share Your problems with him and don’t forget to tell him I did refer you to Him. Thanks. email him  Draludaharbalhome@gmail.com He deals with Alzheimer virus, Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Genital, warts,Multiple Fibroids, ALS, HBV, UTI, Virginal infection, Genital, Wart, HPV, Hepatitis A/B, Good luck, HSV,  Cold Sores, Diabetes 1 & 2, Pregnancy, Ex back.

    ReplyDelete