Lemon Bars (Recipe)

Thursday, April 23, 2020 lemonluna 0 Comments

When life gives you lemons, you make lemon bars.

Can you tell that I'm a huge fan of lemons from how I named my blog "lemonluna"? I LOVE LEMONS. Lemonades, lemon bars, lemon meringue pies, lemon candies, the list goes on... 🍋 I've had the recipe in my book for as long as I can remember but I never had the motivation to get my hands on the mixer. When the recipe appeared on my Pinterest dashboard, I knew it was a sign for me to start baking these. It was an obvious sign. Thanks to Jenn Segal for making it easier for me.

First, you gotta bake the crust.
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, cold and cut into small cubes
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup powdered sugar
Directions:
Jenn used a food processor but I used a mixer instead. 
1. Mix flour, cornstarch and powdered sugar until combined.
2. Then, pop butter into the mixture and mix until everything is well incorporated.
The texture of this mixture should be crumbly and soft enough to be pressed into an even layer.
3. Get your baking pan and start pressing the mixture firmly into a thin layer, forming a crust for your lemon filling to sit on.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and bake for 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
Next, you make the filling.
Ingredients:
If you'd like the filling to be thicker, you can always double the measurements.
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup lemon juice
Lemon zest (I honestly don't care about the measurement. I feel like the more I put, the more lemon-y it tastes)
Directions:
1. Mix everything until it becomes a smooth, silky mixture. There should be no lumps of flour.
2. Pour onto your crust and bake for 30 minutes or until it is set nicely.
Let it cool completely before you sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. Yes. It takes time. Good things take time. Stop touching the top of your lemon bars as if you have the thermometer hands. 😂 Here's how they looked like after I sprinkled powdered sugar on top.



Heavenly good. Let me know if you're trying out this recipe! 💗

0 comments: