Moist Coffee Cupcakes (Recipe)

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 lemonluna 0 Comments


Like, really moist! I was so infatuated with the nice coffee scent, the soft texture, and how amazingly moist they are with not even a hint of dryness. Might even go as far as suggesting that you should skip your daily morning coffee routine (or cancel your expensive Starbucks trip) and pop these babies into the oven instead. What's amazing is that you get to taste a perfect balance between both chocolate and coffee in these cupcakes. I love this recipe because not only there is a high possibility that you have all the ingredients in your kitchen, they are so easy to make too. Nothing expensive, nothing time-consuming in terms of preparation.

CUPCAKES
Ingredients:
Bowl A:
1/2 cup of brewed coffee
1 1/2 teaspoons coffee powder (I used Nescafe Classic)
1/2 cup fresh milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Bowl B:
1 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2  teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Bowl C:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg

Directions:
Preheat the oven. Come on,  you know the drill.
Bowl A:
Mix the coffee powder into the brewed coffee until dissolved. Add in milk and vanilla extract and set aside.
Bowl B:
Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
Bowl C:
Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until nicely combined. Add flour mixture (Bowl B) into the egg-butter-sugar mixture in 3 additions, alternating with 2 additions of coffee mixture (Bowl A) until well incorporated. Flour-coffee-flour-coffee-flour. 
Lastly, pour the mixture into your cups! Bake for 20 minutes at 160 degrees. Cool completely before you frost the cupcakes. Be patient, please.



You can see how moist and soft they are just by the look of it. Did I tell you how much I've missed doing food photography? I felt like my skills and creativity have deteriorated during the times I have not held my camera. Really loved how the pictures came out for this recipe, though. My mood boards on Pinterest really helped me a lot. #photographytips 😂 Aaaa, I need to shop for more props. I've been using the same props in almost all of my photos. It gets boring.


The good old buttercream frosting. Don't tell me you have no idea what buttercream frosting is unless you're new to baking. YOU. MUST. KNOW. THIS. It's the only thing that can save you when you are clueless of what to frost your cupcakes with. All you need are butter and powdered sugar. If you want it flavored, PUT ANYTHING YOU WANT. Chocolate, mint, lemon, caramel, butterscotch, and even coffee... You can always keep it in the fridge for the times you're not using it. For its long shelf life, I can say it's a lifesaver.

How to make coffee buttercream frosting?
Ingredients:
125g butter
250g powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of brewed coffee 
Directions:
Beat butter. Add powdered sugar gradually and mix until fluffy. Pour coffee into mixture and mix until well combined. 
** you might wanna check the consistency of your frosting to know when you should stop mixing. If it's still too soft and runny, piping will be a hard work. Try mixing a little bit longer until it becomes stable!


Anyways, I have a lot of things to be done for my final year project. I have yet submitted my draft to my supervisor. I have yet started writing for my chapter 3. I am so behind the schedule. SEND HELP. 

0 comments: